Friday, January 2, 2009

Sugar/Suga Mama

so, when funny things happen i just cannot stop laughing. i mean i try, but occasionally it is very necessary for me to leave the room because i simply cannot control myself. recently two such occasions have arisen:
1. on sunday i was sitting in church with my mom and page. i had the hymn book still open on my lap and was listening intently to the speaker (taylor)...i heard something smack the hymnal and hesitantly looked down and saw the biggest fly i have ever seen. i shook the book hoping it would act like a normal fly and fly away. it wouldn't budge, i moved it to the left but felt really badly at shewing it towards page, so i went to the right but was met with the same dilemma because stephanie was on that side of me...split decision: put the book open in the book holder. i was trying hard not to snicker at my predicament when out of my peripheral i saw my mother dying of laughter. oh geez. i lost it...i did not want to leave because it was taylor who was speaking so i gave it my all and composed myself until i noticed mom was still laughing...after snorting...embarrassing...i started a deep breathing technique which worked and which would have come in handy a week previous when...
2. the sunday before this happened. my dad was having a christmas fireside for the youth and i was in my usual hiding place (my parents room) with the rest of my siblings past the age of 18 and valentine, until i felt i should go and help my mom with the treats. i went downstairs and was helping my mom when nelson stopped to talk to me. nelson is a boy in the ward that has special needs and we have been like bff ever since i subbed for his class at the highschool and he found out that the "morbidly obese" napoleon was my family's dog. he started to talk as usual about how he would like to train napoleon so that his heart wouldn't fail (he loves dogs) and i was saying this is a great idea. then he sees my little brother micah and the conversation proceeded as follows"

nelson: micah you remind me of a younger version of frodo from Lord of the Rings (we all chuckle a little)
tina: who do i remind you of nelson? 
nelson: judy garland (our laughter increases)
tina: oh really and what about bishop hansen?
nelson: bill gates (recieved by quizzzical looks and more laughter)
tina: uhuh and what about kasi (my mom)?
nelson: (without any hesitancy) sugar mama
OH MY WORD...we were laughing so hard, i started
 to walk out of the room knowing that i would not be able to stop laughing while in the room when nelson explained that sugar mama was the grandma from the disney program the proud family..man o man...luckily i thought of a b-rilliant plan to leave the room and compose myself while helping some people out. so, i laughed all the way to the office where i printed off a picture of sugar mama for all those who were unenlightened to the quirky looks of sugar mama. for the record: my cute beautiful mom looks nothing like sugar mama, who now that i think if it might actually be called suga mama

1 comment:

Jayne said...

that was funny. miss you