Saturday, July 24, 2010

summertime and the livin's easy

oh what do i do in the summertime when all my time is free? the following...all are little things that will pale in comparison with what is to come in 5 days (PARIS and LONDON) so, i thought i should blog about them now.


floral design class (my "T" shape arrangement)

jordan's birthday present...a triptych i am still working on

bow stuff (one of my favorite flowers we made)

decided to make thank-you cards, they are made out of some vintage flour cloths i found at, lucketts, my mecca



gave merry a monogrammed manicure (after i told her i couldn't paint birds and butterflies she suggested her name)...she loved it so much she called me the other day and our conversation was the following
merry: "koobs, i am calling because well, i don't know how to tell you this, i don't want to offended you......but............?
me: "it is ok mer, you can tell me, what's up?"
merry: "well, my nail polish is coming off, and so i think i have to take it off, i am so sorry"
me: "mer, its ok, really, i don't mind we can give you another one later."
merry: "no, but really really i am so sorry"
(this went on for a while)
merry: "so, ok i will take it off, but do you think khaki madison, my stage name will fit for next time?"
me: "uh i think it is too long but maybe we can try it..."
merry: "yeah yeah, i just thought it would be a good idea, so yeah yeah, just think about it, and i will talk to you tomorrow."

not pictured: mostly i just watch valentine dance to justin bieber, its the best (but everytime i try to record it i am thwarted by distracting balloons, computer mice, baby dolls and sometimes the camera shimself).

btw: when i typed this blog's title sublime was stuck in my head, not ella fitzgerald which i think changes the mood of the post, ijs.

4 comments:

{allison} said...

when you say paris and london is to come in 5 days, do you mean you're going there?

Jody and Alex said...

Kirby, my long lost friend...I am coveting all your projects and how talented you are! Have fun in Europe!

kirbyh said...

alli- yes, i mean i am going there, my fam is going to paris for 5 days and london for 4 i am super stoked (any suggestions on what to do, i am finding it hard to totally remember what i did while there before)...also, your pic is darling
jody- its been forever, we should catch up (how are you and your cute fam, where are you and your cute fam..stuff like that) and thanks (they look more talenty than they are)!

Courtney said...

What?! You're really going to Europe? I'm super jealous. Umm..also you're amazing. oh, and i love you.