Tuesday, December 9, 2008

today i was walking along campus thinking "i am going to blog about all the things i take issue with; like the weather, finals week being mixed with the last week of actual classes, uggs..." and just as i was thinking of more acrid things to say i noticed that the girl walking next to me was getting uncomfortably close, i braced myself, clutching harder my super cute bag (that i can't even look at right now because it weighs 30 lbs and is subsequently in time out), and started to speed up...then the girl spoke--now, i am not the typical byu-idahoer and don't talk to strangers on campus, but i stopped to see what she had to say. she stops and says, "i just have to say that you are like realllllly pretty, i mean you are beautiful." what a nice, cute girl...i am glad i stopped, it made me feel really good, especially since i didn't really get ready today (although this story would have been a lot cooler if it had been a guy, maybe only girls think i am pretty though). and i am glad i had something better to blog about than the bitter ranting of a horrible procrastinator. 

word to the wise, should anyone give you the book "ART in Theory" just say no. it is awful (with a few exceptions like picasso), i have been reading it all day and still have 150 pages to go...boo

one more thing...i can't wait to see mi familia, i miss you all and love you

2 comments:

Bethany said...

Hey there Kirby. I found you from Kaitlyn of course. I just have to say that you are so pretty! So, I'm glad you stopped also. However, that is kinda odd. I wish I had the confidence to just walk up to random people and tell them they're pretty. It makes me miss the good ol' Ricks/BYU-I days. sigh.

Sierra said...

every time i look at you i always think to myself, "kirby is so pretty." i should be more like that girl and share those thoughts, but probably not with strangers. i have my limits.